As a solo artist, Sting has sold over 20 million CDs in the US and spanned the musical spectrum. On SONGS FROM THE LABYRINTH, Sting presents the world of Elizabethan composer John Dowland, one of England's greatest songwriters. In collaboration with lutenist Edin Karamazov, Sting interweaves songs, instrumentals, and a few short recitations. Together they create this unique cycle that gives us, as Sting says, "A sense of man himself. A musical soundtrack to Dowland's life".
2. Can she excuse my wrongs?
3. Ryght honorable: as I have bin most bounde unto your honor ?
4. Flow my tears
5. Have you seen the bright lily grow
6. Then in time passing on Mr. Johnson died?
7. The Most High and Mighty Christianus the Fourth, King of Denmark
8. The lowest trees have tops
9. And accordinge as I desired ther cam a letter?
10. Fine knacks for ladies
11. From thenc I went to the Landgrave of Hessen?
13. Come, heavy sleep
14. Forlorn Hope Fancy
15. And from thence I had great desire to see Italy?
16. Come again
17. Wilt thou unkind thus reave me
18. After my departure I caled to mynde our conference?
19. Weep you no more, sad fountains
20. My Lord Willoughby?s Welcome Home
21. Clear or cloudy
22. Men say that the Kinge of Spain is making gret preparation?
23. In darkness let me dwell